Government of Tripura
Adwaita Malla Barman Smriti Mahavidyalaya
(Affiliated to Tripura University)
Kawamaraghat, Amarpur, Gomati, Tripura, Pin-799101
Welcome to Adwaita Malla Barman Smriti Mahavidyalaya, Amarpur
The admission process generally starts in the month of June and continued till second week of July. The process of admission in the college starts with the publication of general notification in the news papers vide the notification issued from the Department of Higher Education, Govt. of Tripura for all Degree colleges of the state.The admission in Honours Courses is strictly on merit basis following the State Government Reservation Policy. The process for admission in Pass Course is based on first come first serve basis maintaining reservation policy. Subject-wise intake capacity for both B.A. (General & Major) and B.Sc. in Physical Science is given below in details with reservation.
|Subject-wise Intake Capacity for B.A (Major/Honours)|
|Available Subjects||Intake Capacity|
|ST (31%)||SC (17%)||UR||Total|
|Subject-wise Intake Capacity in General Courses:|
|Course||Available Subjects||Intake capacity|
|B.A. (Arts)||Bengali, English, Sanskrit, Kokborok, Education, History, Polotical Science, Philosophy||102||48||150||300|
|B.Sc.(Physical Science)||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics||3||2||5||10|
Admission Criteria :
1. Any student passing H.S.(+2) examination or its equivalent with at least 4 subjects including English from any recognized Board/Council shall be eligible for admission to the 1st Semester of the B.A(Honours/General)/B.Sc(General) Programme of studies subject to availability of seats and restrictions of combinations of subjects as laid down in Clause-5 and provided that he/she has secured in that examination, at least,
a. 40% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in the subject in which he/she seeks Honours. Or b. 35% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in the concerned subject (Group & Course). Or c. Any one securing at least 50% marks in aggregate shall be eligible for taking Honours in a subject, which he/she did not study in H.S.(+2)examination or its equivalent, subject to restriction of combination of subjects.(In regards to marks bar for admission against reserve seats / quotas for ST/SC/PH/OBC candidates the guidelines/instructions of UGC will be followed from time to time.)
2. No student shall be allowed for admission into 1st Semester course for studies after a lapse of more than 5(Five) years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination.
3. A student shall not be allowed to take Honours in a subject in which he/she has failed in H.S.(+2) examination or its equivalent but subsequently passed as a compartmental candidate.
4. A student shall not be allowed to offer more than two language subjects as elective. However the college authority may further restrict the choice of combination of subjects according to the infrastructural facilities and faculties available in the concerned college.
5. Subject taken as Honours shall not be taken as an elective subject.
6. A student shall have to apply with 1 copy of recent Passport size photo for University registration in prescribed form within 30 days from the last date of admission. No application for registration will be entertained after the expiry of this stipulated period.
7. A student shall be allowed to change subjects(s)/stream within 15 days from his/her admission to the college, subject to the restriction of combination of subjects laid down by the respective college. No such change shall be entertained once application for University registration is forwarded to the University from the college.
(NOTE: All students are instructed to submit the following documents at the time of submission of duly filled in application form:
- Self Attested copies of Madhyamik admit card.
- Self Attested copies of Madhyamik Mark Sheet.
- Self Attested copies of H.S.(+2) admit card.
- Self Attested copies of H.S.(+2) Mark Sheet.
- Self Attested copies of PRTC.
- Self Attested copies of ST/SC certificates in case of ST/SC candidates.
- School leaving Certificate.
- Self Attested copies of AADHAR.
- Bank Account Copy.
Content on this website is developed, published and managed by AMBS Mahavidyalaya, Amarpur, Gomoti,Tripura India.
Copyright © AMBS Mahavidyalaya. All Rights Reserved.